Using only 3 ingredients your children can help make a Salt Dough keepsake ornaments to treasure for years or to give to give as a gift to loved ones. Capture the memories of little hands and feet using the salt dough recipe provided below.
What you’ll need:
- 3 cups flour
- 3 cups salt (easiest to buy in bulk)
- 1.5 cups water
- Knead all ingredients together and if needed, add more water.
- Roll out on flour surface to desired thickness, half inch to 1 inch thick.
- Use bowl to cut perfect circles.
- Push hand or foot into the dough, make a hole for hanging and mark year if desired.
- Bake on a cookie sheet on 250 degrees until dry (at least a few hours).
TIP: bake on foil to easily remove from oven and let cool completely before painting.
Happy holidays! May your days be filled with quality family time and fond memories.
Little Genius Montessori offers extended care hours from 6:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m., full-time & part-time schedules are available. Also, integrating healthy, nutritional food choices into snacks & meals is an essential part of assisting proper growth for our children. Learn more about our programs here.